Instagram Stories tricks & tips
There are so many ways you can jazz up your Instagram Stories game. I'm sharing my favourite tricks and tips how to make your Instagram Stories a little bit more visually interesting and fun. Let's do this!
CHANGE THE COLOR OF YOUR STICKERS
- Choose stickers you want to use and try clicking them one time once they are on your screen. Most of them have another colour option.
CREATE A SOLID BACKGROUND
- Take a picture of anything. Choose the pen -tool and hold your finger on the coloured dots at the bottom of your screen. Move your finger to get extra colours. You can also swipe on the coloured dots to get more ready chosen colours. Choose a colour.
- Hold your thumb down on the image for three seconds and you have a solid background colour.
- Draw, use stickers, emojis and get creative!
SHADOW YOUR TEXT
- Make two same texts with two different colours.
- Move the lighter text on top of the darker one so that they overlap.
MAKE A COLOR FOG
- Choose a sticker or an emoji of the color that you wish to make the fog
- Expand emoji/sticker with two fingers so big that the edges start to build into a fog
- Move the emoji/sticker fog to fit the image
- Reveal a message one point at a time with an "animation".
- Create the "animation" by creating a visual and saving each step as it's own image to your phone. Then publish them starting from the beginning and add to it until all steps have been published.
GET CREATIVE & COMBINE STICKERS/EMOJIS AND THE PEN TOOLS
- Get creative and combine stickers and emojis with the pen tools.
- Pick a sticker and give it a coloured background by drawing with different pen tools. Remember to test different thicknesses with the pen tool.
It’s super fun to think of new ways to creatively show our content. If you have a brand and you are making Instagram Stories, it is a good idea to choose a style and stick with that.
Here are my current favourite accounts in Instagram who have super fun Instagram Stories:
@shopbando @theuncommonplace @muitaihania @maanantaimalli @vanelja @designlovefest @studiodiy @christinawinkelmann
I would love to hear if you have some other tricks and tips how to create creative Instagram Stories!